Monday, June 18, 2012

{PinterTest}

Welcome to PinterTest.  After learning about Pinterest some months ago and becoming severely addicted, I took a break. I didn't pin for about 2 months and this past week I signed back on. Big Mistake! I can't stop, again. SO I've decided that if I'm going to spend countless hours laying in bed pinning away, I am going to actually test the pins. See if they actually work/turn out/are as easy as they say! Every weekend I will try/do/make something new and then I will pin about it on Mondays.

*we all know how terrible I am at blogging - it's been weeks since my last post - so hopefully I can keep this up!


First up is THIS PIN. I despise soap scum. We have shower doors and they are forever foggy with soap build up. I scrub and scrub and scrub and I swear to god it takes a good hour to get them clear again. It's a job I hate doing about as much as I hate looking at them. I seen this and figured I'd give it a go. To start I just sprayed one door. I left it for 1 hour and went back and it pretty much wiped clean (right door). I couldn't believe it. I used a wet sponge and zero elbow grease, so easy!


I then sprayed the remaining door and took the sponge to it immediately (I didn't feel like waiting the hour). I figured it would take a bit of effort due to my lack of patience but it didn't. It wiped clean instantly as well!! 
Before
After
I tweaked the "recipe" a little bit because I didn't have Blue Dawn. I read a few different pins and they all said to use Dawn (specifically the Blue one). I'm not sure what difference it makes but if it makes it better I will be amazed. I used the original Yellow Sunlight. 1 cup dishsoap to 1 cup hot vinegar. To make the spray I put 1 cup of vinegar in a liquid measuring cup, I then heated it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. When I took it out I added 1 cup of dishsoap to it and poured it into and old (washed out) Shout container. Simple as that!

Score 1 for Pinterest!

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I love this one! I bought a new showerhead for our master bathroom so that I can easily spray it down just like the girls' bathroom. Otherwise, the suds are so annoying to try to clean off. I'm not sure that I would do this every week when I clean the bathrooms but definitely once a month.

Our Sampson Family said...

I am also guilty of pinning like crazy but trying nothing! :P

Danifred said...

Pinterest is crazy addictive. I couldn't love it more. I need to do more doing and less pinning though.