Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{School}

Hadley started "school" today. It's actually just daycare but we call it school so it sounds cooler - you know, because that's where all the cool kids go. Ha!

We have fulltime family care but we had decided that we need to get her out and socialized a bit more with kids her own age. I found a lovely little daycare fairly close to home and outrageously reasonably priced (according to friends with kids in daycare) that just happened to have a spot open on Mondays only... which was exaaactly what we were looking for! It was meant to be.

I went there an hour early to hang out with her and let her get used to it. She has been extra shy and clinging lately and has started crying when I leave these days. I preferred the old goodbyes where she could care less! The crying breaks my heart.

We started off playing play dough with the little girls and soon enough she was sliding down the slide and running around with all the boys (that's my girl). I snuck out without saying goodbye and had a tear in my car before I pulled myself together and went to work.

I called and checked in on my lunch break and the "teacher" said all was well and she was having a wonderful day behaving nicely.  A huge relief. When I picked her up it was like she'd aged a year. She had big hugs and kisses, told me how she used the potty (and showed it to me!), gave me a "pretty picture" she drew and put on her own boots to "go home, see daddy".

It's only one day a week from 745-515 (though we will NEVER get there at 745 because we're still sleeping, and I'm sure I will pick her up far before 515 every time) and yet it still breaks my heart. I know it will be good for her, and that she'll have fun and learn new things but I just wish I could be home with her all day, every day, instead.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I agree, it is so hard. After 3 kids, I've finally come to the conclusion that it's also good in small doses. It makes everyone happier to see each other :)