Friday, July 29, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}


  • It's been over a month since I last did FNL... I haven't had much to write about lately because H has been such a grump. Between the sickness and the teething I really didn't have much good to write about.. you know what your ma'ma always told you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I was trying my best to listen - for once.
  • I got my very first Library Card a few weeks ago. Yah, I'm 24 - sad, right? Anyways, I read 2 books in 2 weeks which is basically unheard of. I enjoyed it and once life settles down I will be going back for more! Tasha recommended this book awhile ago in her 'June Books' post and It was AMAZING. I couldn't put it down. It took me 2 days and I was done reading.
  • H was very ill with the flu. 8 days of puking and pooping.. of laundry, and baths, and showers.. of changing sheets, and outfits.. of doctors appointments, pedialyte, blood work, and tylenol.. 8 days of hell. It was horrible to see her like that. She couldn't keep anything down and would look at you with these sad eyes as vomit dripped out her nose. I'm sooo glad she's better now. 
  • We have 6 teeth. Her bottom 2 are in fully, the top 2 are 3/4 of the way and there is 1 on the top and 1 on the bottom that have just broken through. I can see 2 more white bumps on the other sides, as well. Teething is the bain of my existence. I cannot wait until it's over. For.Ever.
  • If anyone has any brilliant ideas, aside from putting a helmet on her, to keep H from hitting her head repeatedly when she falls off over everything she pulls herself up on, that would be awesome. I try my best to catch her but now that she's mobile I can't get anything done without hearing a clunk, followed by a scream, in the other room. Apparently the ground is no longer satisfying that the world is much better on her feet. 
  • I started working. Blech. I'm doing a couple nights a week at a local restaurant. It's basically to put a little extra cash in our pockets as I don't receive Mat pay. I'm not quite ready to apply at the hospital for fulltime/part time hours yet so the evenings when C can be at home with H will do for now. 
  • Life is busy. Summer has finally arrived. It's my brother-in-laws wedding on Saturday, then family visits throughout the week and then on the 6th is my mom's wedding. 
  • I LOVE the heat. I have been complaining and complaining about how summer had forgotten about us and now that it's here, you will not hear a complaint about the heat from me. I will enjoy every moment - even when I'm so hot I could die. 
  • For more exciting leftovers visit here.  

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

HAHA! Just pictured H trucking around in a helmet to protect the bonks.

Anonymous said...

I'll be right beside you not saying a word about the heat. So happy to finally see (and feel!) some sun.

Danifred said...

Sorry you guys have had such a tough time lately. Teething is the worst!

I have to admit, I'm so sick of the heat. We've had over 90 degree days with humidity for over two weeks now. Ugh.