Monday, September 26, 2011

{10 Months Old}


We're changing up the format slightly this month. I like the idea of the "Likes" and "Dislikes" I was doing before but they aren't changing as rapidly as they were in those beginning months. She still likes and dislikes relatively the same things these days so I'm trying something new.

Month 9 brought attitude. EXTREME attitude. She has learned how to throw temper tantrums and lets you know when she doesn't like something you've done/taken away/not given her. I tried to blame this on teeth but as far as I can tell, we're still at 8. Since the attitude has started, sleep has gone downhill. She's been consistently sleeping through the night for a couple months now but this month has been horrid. Even naps got worse (if you can imagine 15minutes naps getting worse!).

I think it's safe to say that separation anxiety has set in. She cries when Cole or I leave the room.. she crawls after us as fast as she can yelling "up, uppp" and climbs up our legs as soon as she reaches us. She's still good with other people, thank goodness, but she just doesn't like to be left alone - even for a bathroom break!

She's developed an insane personality. She's absolutely hilarious and when there is a lot of people around she turns into a complete show off. C and I just sit and laugh at her on a regular basis. Our favourite is when she gives us loves and kisses but sometimes she bites. Her favourite things to do right now are play peek-a-boo. If we hide under a blanket she pulls it off and laughs and laughs. If we put the blanket over her head she pulls it off and laughs and laughs - either way it's hilarious. She also likes "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and tries to do the motions. 

What Happened This Month?:
*She has her 9mo Check up and Doc said she is fabulous - as if we didn't already know that! 

*She hates quinoa.

*We moved up to size 4 diapers! This makes me a little sad. 

*I wish I could say we successfully got rid of the sucky. We didn't. In fact, she's using it more this month than she was last month due to the horrendous attitude she's acquired. New goal - no sucky by her 1st Birthday (I think that's doable!).

*She's down to about 3 bottles a day and drinks water from her sippy cup the rest of the time. She eats 3 full meals, plus snacks, a day. 

*Swimming in the lake continued to be one of her fav activities. I think now that the cooler weather has set in we'll be going to the pool a lot more.

*She watched her Auntie Megan get her 2nd tattoo (she was there for her 1st tattoo, too, but very little then!) and ME get my first! 

*She still stands unassisted until she realizes no one is holding her, then she sits down as quick as she can. She's also begun walking with her "walker" toys. It's crazy to think that soon enough she'll be walking around non stop. She still does the "tippy-toe" walk occasionally but she's getting the flat foot thing down pretty good now. 

*She's into EVERYTHING.

*She gives highfives! So. Cute. 

*She started to say "Dada".. still no mama.. :(... that makes her word count at 5. (Ball, Baba, Dada, Hi, Up)

*We are currently in Vancouver visiting the AunTee's, Gramma and Grampa P, and B, S, A and M. She had a sleepover with Gramma and Grampa who came down from the Okanagan to babysit while I went out on the town for AunTee's Birthday.

*She weighs 20lbs 15oz. 

I'm so excited for the months to come. Each month  brings something new and exciting and she learns something new every day. I'm sad that my baby is growing up but looking forward to the little person she's turning into. 2 Months until her first birthday... I swear I pushed her out yesterday.

Happy 10 Months, H. Your Mumma Loves You xo




1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

Happy 10 months, sweet little girl!! XO