Friday, November 19, 2010

{Bad Baby Dragon!}

Ugh. The last 24 hours have been pretty lame. I'll make a long story short and skip the gory details but here's a quick update:

I went to the doctor's yesterday morning for my weekly appointment.

Weight: down from 2 weeks ago but doc said that can be normal in the last weeks.
Tummy: still measuring 3 weeks (33weeks instead of 36) behind but it's consistent with how it's always been my entire pregnancy so that's not an issue either.
Blood Pressure: excellent - as per usual.
Heartbeat: roughly 70 bmp.. regularly between 140-155 bmp... not ideal and definitely cause for concern.
Cervix: 1cm dilated, soft and 70% effaced.
Post-check bleeding: Lots.. unusual and also not ideal - cause for concern.

Basically, baby's heart rate was super low and I started bleeding rather significantly so I was told to go immediately to L&D at the hospital. Upon arrival I was hooked up to machines, monitored, had my vitals and blood taken and all was fine. Her heart rate went back up to normal and stayed that way. No explanation as to why it was so low in the first place. They kept me overnight because of my bleeding and wanted it to stop before they let me go home. It's still slightly there but not enough for them to keep me longer so back home I am.
I'm very crampy and uncomfortable so I have my fingers crossed that this baby will soon be here. I know it's wishful thinking as I now have basically nothing to help me progress - I can't walk because of my sciatic nerve, and I've been banished from sex.. awesome. I'm going to be pregnant forever at this rate!!!

Now onto the fun stuff.. or not (?)..
Maternity was full when we arrived. Babies were just born and some were on their way..
One of my besties, R, brought me homemade cookies and we sat and visited. While visiting a lady started SCREAMING in agony. She was moaning, grunting, yelling, squealing.. it was pretty terrifying. We got the pleasure of listening to her give birth for about 25 minutes and then, after one more big scream, there was a little scream... her baby ! I almost cried.. it was so cute. Brand.new.baby.cry. <3 LOVE it.

As awesome as it was to hear that first cry - I officially do not want to give birth. Ever.

Is it too late to back out now? ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! "As awesome as it was to hear that first cry - I officially do not want to give birth. Ever."

I'm totally with you there!

- Olivia