Monday, November 15, 2010

{Operation Eviction}


I'm 36 weeks today. That means I have less than a month left.. 28 days - to be exact. I've decided that it's time to get this baby out. I've also decided that I will be blogging more from now on, I want to get back into it and now is as good a time as any. I apologize in advance for what will seem like one complaint after another until this baby comes out... I annoy myself these days so I can only imagine how annoyed of me everyone else is!!

So as I said, it's time to get this baby out - Operation Eviction has officially begun.


Let me explain. At 37 weeks you are considered full term, being 36 weeks I'm confident that this baby will not come before next week so it's safe to say that I will now begin doing everything in my power to make her hate it in there and force her little body out for hugs and kisses. I went shopping yesterday and bought the last of the things I needed for my hospital bag... breast pads - as if my boobs could leak more than they do already, some vitamin D drops - because apparently babies need those while breastfeeding, and pads (ugh!) - because as I'm told, I'll need those for weeks post-delivery. I also got some Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) because apparently it plays a wonderful roll in "prepping your cervix".

I got home, sterilized bottle nipples and pacifiers.. picked out a couple outfits for The Dragon, and packed a good portion of our "hospital bag". I feel like I overpacked (and I probably did) but at least I know I'll have everything I need! I then climbed into bed and proceeded to force 2 capsules of EPO up my who-ha in hopes that the cervix softening will begin (don't act like you're not excited!!)
They say the stuff in the capsules helps your body to produce prostaglandin, which is the chemical that helps to soften your cervix. This will not bring on contractions but will assist in getting you ready for labor (apparently). Fingers crossed it works!

On Thursday I have a doctors appointment. Starting now I have to go in every week - which is exciting! I've been informed that at this weeks appointment I will be getting checked! I'm pretty excited about this but I can say for sure that if she tells me that the whole "dilating" process hasn't begun, I am going to cry. I want soooo badly for her to say something a long the lines of "your 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.. labour is juust around the corner!"

Wishful thinking I know, but hey, a girl can dream.
(keep your fingers crossed for me!)

No comments: