Friday, June 17, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}


  • Did I tell you we switch H to soy formula? It's been about a month now and I can't get over the difference in her. She's like a different baby. I am going to request that we do allergy testing on her though, because we don't actually know or real if she has an allergy to dairy/lactose. It was a trial and error thing and when it comes time to introduce dairy into her life, I don't want to substitute if not necessary. 
  • H is 7oz away from doubling her birth weight of 6lbs 3oz.. that's right, she broke 18! 18lbs 2oz, as of yesterday. She is 26" long - which means she shrank... or that doctors don't know how to measure correctly, ever. I love my chunky monkey!
  • Summer has been teasing us badly. It's here for a couple days, gone for a couple days.. make up your mind. It's the middle of June for goodness sakes, the lake should be warm by now!!!
  • Speaking of the lake.. I haven't made it up there yet this year. When I was born my mom and dad left the hospital, drove to the marina and brought me to the cabin. I was up there before I was even to my own home! Hadley is almost 7 months old (holy shit...) and has yet to be there... 
  • It's my Birthday next Thursday. The big 2-4. My besties are coming home from the city and I'm so excited.
  • So how 'bout them Canucks. We were so close and it all fell apart. The better team won, but we'll be back. As for Vancouver... next year will not be as fun for Canuck fans as I can guarantee after last nights antics there will be no street parties, no big screens, no parties downtown. Way to put Canada to shame, morons. It's your city and you destroyed it. I'm embarrassed.
  • H rolled from her back to front for the first time on Wednesday (June 15th). She's almost crawling, too... and so it begins, I can no longer leave and come back to a baby in the same spot.
Check out more leftovers here.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

24...ahhhh...what a great age.

When the Crazies started to move, I was a nut...good luck!!

The Tompkins Family said...

I want Summer for real. I want it to be hot enough that I sweat!

Danifred said...

Happy (almost) birthday! I think summer has officially arrived here, but I'd be happy with temps in the 70s everyday :) I guess I need to move to California.

HereWeGoAJen said...

No, they never measure height correctly! It drives me crazy.

Happy birthday!