Sunday, June 12, 2011

{Never Enough}

It started when we got engaged.. it hadn't been 2 hours and the 'Congratulations' were followed by 'when's the big day' and 'what kind of flowers are you having?'.

We were married 10 months after we were engaged and before I was even out of my dress the 'Congratulations' were followed by 'when are you guys going to have a baby!?'.

We were pregnant 8 months after we were married and before I'd left the hospital the 'Congratulations' were followed by 'so when are you having another?'.

So, to answer the current question... Not for awhile. A couple years or more. I want to enjoy my baby... I want to watch her grow into her own little person, I want to work for awhile, we want to pay off some debt, maybe go on a honeymoon (already 2 years late!). We want to be a Family of 3 for awhile...

We're in no hurry, why are you?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

totally true!!! If I could choose the age gap between my kids it would be 2.5 to 3 years. 2 was to close... and 3.5 was a little to big of a gap. In the end do whatever works:)

Anonymous said...

Yep! We waited eight years to get married and it drove everyone crazy. Then we waited two years to have a baby. Now that we took seven months to bring that baby home, people have shut up about when the next one is, lol.

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

Due to my fertility issues, we have been told to try and "be done" by the time I am 25. So, we have 4 years to try and get another baby. I'd love 3 kids, but that is a lot of babies in a short amount of time. If I could choose though, I'd wait 4 years in between the 1st and 2nd and then 2 years between the 2nd and 3rd. Then maybe in my late 30's just stop taking birth control and pop out another just so I wouldn't have to be an empty nester.

Anonymous said...

We weren't given a choice... darn those spontaneous twins!

It actually solved a lot of arguments - I only really wanted one pregnancy and was fine with one child and two dogs. Husby wanted two kids badly!

The Tompkins Family said...

Every family is so different, we do what works for us. I just don't get why it's anyone else's business! I feel REALLY bad for people that are trying desperately to get pregnant and can't because the constant questioning must be so emotionally exhausting.

p.s. - when I told you to get back to work and get your hours in so you could get pregnant again when we were chatting last night, I was soooo kidding! :)