Friday, December 30, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}


  • December 30th.. there is only one more day left in 2011. It has been one crazy year but I am so looking forward to what 2012 has to offer!
  • I took down my Christmas tree yesterday... and cleaned.. and did 10928158323 loads of "holiday" laundry. My house feels slightly sad without the smell of pine and the glow of lights. Until next year, I suppose.
  • It's a friend of mine's Due Date today. That means that sometime within the next 10 days I will be in the hospital watching a baby be born. I am SO excited. I can't wait to help her through labour and to watch her become a mother. I know first hand the love that fills your heart the very second you see your baby and I cannot wait to see that from another perspective.. to watch her fall in love. 
  • I am addicted to Candy Cane Lane tea. It's so good... and I must stock up because it's seasonal and will soon be leaving the shelves of supermarkets everywhere! I may die without it.
  • How does one 23lbs child make more laundry than 2 full grown humans? How!? 
  • I'm a little bit sad that Christmas is over but in the same breath, I'm so relieved. The holidays are so hectic and we need to have routine back in our life. H is a little out of sorts.
  • Speaking of H... she took her first steps nearly a month and a half ago. Some days she'll walk 15 steps like she's a pro, other days she falls after 2 and acts like she's never done it before. Wtf!?
  • I feel like I've consumed enough goodies for an entire year... blech! 
For more leftovers go here!

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I must try some of that tea! Is it pepperminty?

Danifred said...

I have to say, I was sad to see Christmas go this year, but taking down the decorations made me crazy. It always seems to take so much longer to take them down than put them up.

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

We skipped the decorations this year. A newborn and decorating? Heck no! But I can't wait until next year.

How did H enjoy her Christmas?