Sunday, February 21, 2010

{Olympic City Spirit}

As everyone knows, Vancouver is hosting the 2010 Olympics and doing a pretty good job of it, I'd say. I know our snow conditions aren't the greatest but who could predict we'd end up with the warmest winter we've had in years? It's soooo beautiful out there so I guess if nothing else we can show the world why we are known as "The Sunshine Coast".

I had the opportunity to head downtown this weekend with C. We walked around and took in the THOUSANDS of people that are.. well, everywhere! We had some drinks, met up with some friends and all in all we had a pretty good time. I have to admit, it took me awhile to get in the spirit of things though. At first I wasn't allowing myself to see the good and was slightly annoyed at how much traffic and people these events were going to bring. I was grumpy about how much longer my commutes were taking and how busy everywhere I went was. After watching the Opening Ceremonies and seeing the Canadian spirit that is here in Vancouver, I couldn't help but jump on board. I am so proud to be Canadian, especially during this once in a lifetime chance to have the Olympics hosted in my very own city. I will continue to cheer loud for Canada through these games -- even if it does take me a little longer to get to school !

--- GO CANADA GO ---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww don't feel so down about C working and you going to school. Remember, you're working hard at school and taking care of your home at this time! Support in a relationship comes in many forms not only financially sweetie :) xoxo Mumsy