Wednesday, February 24, 2010

{A Week Later & I'm Still Laughing...}

It's been exactly 1 week since one of the most random and hilarious things happened to me. 1 week and even just thinking about it still makes me giggle..

Right now I have school Monday to Friday but on Mondays and Wednesdays I have evening classes that don't start until 5. Last Wednesday I ventured downtown to M's house to have my hair coloured and on my way I stopped at Starbucks to pick up a couple tea mistos for us. The Starbucks I stopped at is about 50 steps from M's door so I grabbed the 2 drinks and headed for her buzzer. I buzzed and she let me in. Unfortunately I hadn't charged my cellphone the night before so on my trip down it had died and having only been to M's house a couple times, I couldn't remember which floor she lived on. I tried my luck for floor 19 but nope, wasn't her, so back down I went. I went back outside, buzzed her again and then dropped one of my drinks on the stairs outside her condo. I swore a little in my head, picked up my garbage, wiped off my sweater and went back into the lobby. I figured if I just waited there long enough she would wonder where I was and come down to get me. While waiting a older man came around the corner and asked my if "that" was mine (pointing at the spilled tea outside the door)? I said it was and explained that I had dropped it. He proceeded to ask me in a rude and grumpy way, why I had dropped it, which instantly made me angry because it was the stupidest question I'd ever heard, so I replied with "well I enjoy spending $5 on a drink from Starbucks just so I can go around and dump it out on peoples stairs, why do you think I dropped it, it was clearly an accident!". He didn't seem to get the sarcasm and asked again, why I had dropped it and HOW it had happened. Again, annoyed, I told him that it had slipped out of my hand when I was using the buzzer. He threw his hands in the air and yelled "OH MY GOODNESS" and walked away. Both annoyed and yet, slightly amused, I laughed to myself and prayed that M was on her way to find me. Next thing I know, the man is back... and he's brought ANOTHER man!! He marches over to me, asks again if that mess was mine, talks to his friend in another language, points angrily at me, then storms over to me again. Just as he's about to say something the elevator dings and the door opens, there is M. Saved by the bell. The man demands to know if "i'm her friend", she says yes, he storms away and off we go. Wtf. I cannot believe that happened to me. I know it sucks that I spilt the tea and he was obviously in charge of cleaning up around the place but seriously, did he really think I did it on purpose? I was looking forward to that drink!!! Anyways, I figured I'd share that because I personally think it's hilarious. Enjoy!

No comments: