Friday, October 28, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}

  • Less than one month and H is 1. That's 52 weeks, or 365 days old... and it feels like yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time - how is that even possible!? 
  • So because she's turning 1, I have baby fever... basically if C would allow it I would be pregnant right now... and then I would be mad as hell that he let me talk him into something so stupid when I was in a clouded state of mind! I know I don't really want another baby right now, but I'm having a hard time convincing my uterus that. 
  • Speaking of babies.. 2 of my friends are pregnant right now - exciting, right? It gets better - one of them as asked if I wanted to be in the delivery room!!! I have been throwing around the idea of taking a Doula course so this gives me an opportunity to see if it's something I'm actually interested in. She is due New Years Eve and I work so hopefully that baby waits for me! 
  • On a different note, I hate winter. Yes, I know it's still fall (technically) but it's bloody cold out and I'm not diggin' the frost on my car windows. Cheers to freezing hands and feet for the next 7 months. Ha. 
  • Birthday party planning is coming along nicely. Cakes have been ordered, invites (via FB.. lame, right?) have been sent out and the time just keeps passing. I have a feeling we're going to need a lot more storage room for this spoiled baby.
  • I made H's Birthday present yesterday. I already want to give it to her. I'll put a picture up in the near future (after I add buttons) but it's a duvet cover made of Minky for her crib duvet. It's so beautiful and SO cozy. I can't wait for her to snuggle into it. C got her diamonds and a onsie that says "Born To Wear Diamonds".
  • It took me 21 years to get diamond earrings... hers are the exact same as mine - but smaller. How fair is THAT? 
  • We had a Halloween photoshoot done with H and her besties yesterday. They all looked so cute dressed up. We pick up the pictures next Wednesday so I feel an extra adorable "Wordless Wednesday" coming up! 
  • I got H weighed yesterday. I updated it in her 11 month post but incase you didn't read that I'll toss it out here, too. She's 22lbs. That's only up 1oz from last month! 
  • I updated my blog, as you can see... what do you think? Is the font hard to read? Colour too bright for your eyes? Let me have it! 
For more Leftovers visit our host over at Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks.

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Hey now! It's not stupid to be pregnant while your first has a first birthday!

Chantal said...

You are very Halloween-y with the font! But love it!

H getting diamonds makes me think Daddy will get her a pony too - no questions asked! You can totally tell he is at her mercy!

*m* said...

just throwing it out there..... TWO friends asked you to be in the delivery room. this one here would definitely pay you to be there. in diamond earings :P stupid 5 hour distance and ferry ride. i'm still holding out hope that somehow you will just appear when my labour starts <3