Thursday, January 7, 2010

{You Can Leave Your Hat On}

Gaaah!! I'm so excited right now. C ended up getting tickets to tonights Canucks game and at first I didn't really want to go because I wasn't feeling all that hot but I sucked it up and went anyways. After we got off the skytrain we had Mr. Tubesteak (of course!) because why would we pay 6$ for a hotdog inside GM Place when we could pay $5 for a smokie outside of it? We got inside and C bought me a T-shirt which I promptly put on - I'm trying to be the wife who's as big a hockey fan as her husband.. I used to find that hard but after tonight, who knows..

The game started off pretty good, within the first 2 minutes we had our first goal. The 2nd period was fairly boring so we purchased some 50/50 tickets and discussed how we were going to spend our $24000. We came up with some really good ideas. C said he'd buy me a car but I reminded him that I had bought the tickets (with the last $10 I owned, may as well go all-in!) so I would buy myself a car and he could just tell everyone he bought it for me..I'm a sweetheart, I know. The 3rd period was awesome. There was fights, blood, and lots of action. Burrows got himself his second hat-trick in 2 games and the crowd went wild. I quickly made sure that C wasn't planning on throwing his brand new hat on the ice and after he assured me he wasn't, we all cheered and cheered. This is the first game I have seen the Canucks win at GM Place and I must say it was awesome to feel the excitement of the crowd. I know Vancouver fans can be quite the "bandwagon jumpers" but let me tell you, when we're winning you wouldn't be able to find a happier group of 18000 people if you tried! Maybe my bad luck is over. C said it's because of my new shirt and that now I have to wear the shirt on every game day and if they lose and I didn't wear it then it's my fault. Now if only there was a way to be as excited about watching the games on TV...

Other than the sports talk I don't have much to say today. I went for coffee with my girlfriend, S, last night. We sat at Starbucks for a good 3 hours discussing everything from shopping to sex (what else does a girl need? Haha! Jokes) and it was nice to sit down and visit without the constant gunshots and swearing in the background.. No, I don't live in a bad neighbourhood but I do have a husband who is sllliiiiggghtly addicted to his PS3- not something I wish to rant about tonight but I'm sure you'll hear about it sooner or later, probably sooner. I enjoy simple things like going for coffee and girl talk because I sometimes find it hard to get in enough time with my friends. This isn't because I don't like to see them but between work and school schedules (mine and theirs) it's hard to find the time. I feel like I shouldn't have to pencil them into my calendar, or be written into theres, simply to have a coffee or watch a movie but it seems these days that's exactly what happens. Every visit is planned out weeks in advance just to make sure it happens. This whole Grown-Up thing is amazing and I love many aspects of it but it's times like these where I just wish I was back in highschool. The good ole days when skipping school and drinking beer at the beach was something spontaneous.. and done daily. Sigh.

Until tomorrow, xo.

No comments: