Saturday, February 19, 2011

{The Littlest Cowgirl}

I grew up on a bit of  a farm. Not the kind of farm where you have cows and pigs and goats and stuff, but we had horses, and chickens. I'm pretty sure most little girls want a pony at some point in their life. I was lucky, I got my first horse for Christmas when I was 11.

I don't have a horse anymore, but my mom does. She's away in Vancouver this weekend and so C and I are housesitting... or more so, animal sitting. This means, up in the morning to feed the horse and let the chickens out, home at dinner to feed the horse and lock the chickens in. At times I miss having a horse - until I remember how cold and dark it is at 7 am in the Winter. 

My mom has already said how she is going to get another horse so her and Miss H can go riding. She wants to take her already and talks about how excited she is for when H is big enough but I think it will be quite awhile before I feel comfortable enough to put her on a horse - with someone, or alone. I won't be letting her go until she is big enough to wear a helmet, that I can promise. 

Today, H met Casey.








2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Oh love it! We grew up with horses too and my parents still have some (Chicken started riding the pony this summer). It's funny because the horses love Chicken and even chase the dog away when she's around him!

The Tompkins Family said...

Those pictures turned out SOOO well. She's totally going to be a cowgirl!