Wednesday, January 26, 2011

{2 Months Old}

[I forgot to do a 1 month post and I totally regret that... I wrote a bunch of stuff down so I'll add it for my own reference but I won't be posting it as I will be for the months to come...]

2 Months Old

likes:
*baths (finally!!)
*massages with lotion (unless it's after her bath, then she screams)
*laying on her change table "talking" and giggling
*cuddles with anyone who wants to cuddle her - but mostly mom
*walks in the fresh air
*eating!
*her sucky
*story time
*visiting with anyone - she's very nosey
*sitting/being carried facing outwards. Again, she's nosey and likes to see what's going on
*her Moby Wrap
*white noise
*being talked to
*being sang to - terribly, I must add, because I can't sing at all and the songs I sing her are made up songs about what we're doing... Soon I'm sure she will not enjoy this so much but I will take advantage of it while I can.

dislikes:
*getting dressed after bathtime
*waiting for her food - when she's hungry, she's hungry NOW
*the car
*gripe water and ovol
*the bassinet
*having her boogies sucked out

could take it or leave it:
*the vibrating bounce chair
*the swing
*her crib
*tummy time - she deals with it but with a rather unimpressed look upon her face

What happened this month:
*At her 2 month doctor's appointment she weighed in at 10lbs 14oz and 22.5 inches long. She is up to the 50th percentile from the 6th percentile at 3 weeks old so she's doing fabulous.

*She has rolls on top of rolls. Her belly is so pudgy and her cheeks are so chubby - She seriously gets cuter by the day. I can't get over how much she has changed this month.

*She loves to be held, a lot, and therefore we have resulted to the "cry it out" technique so many people are terribly against. We don't do it to the full extent and I guarantee it's harder on us than it is on her. We only let her cry for a max of 5 minutes and if she's reeeally worked up then we won't even let her go that long. I find usually after 2 minutes she stops and then she goes to sleep. It's helping C and I to have our bed back and get a good sleep without worrying about rolling over her, or suffocating her.

*She sleeps through the night (90% of the time). Anywhere between 7-10 hours at a time, then she wakes to feed, and sleeps usually another 2-4 hours. I have no complaints about that at all but I will admit that when she has a bad night, I am completely exhausted the next day. She's spoiling me!

*She smiles tonnes now! Pretty much every time you talk to her you can get a smile - unless she's screaming, of course. It melts my heart and I seriously cannot get enough.

*She chews on her hands.. sometimes she sucks her thumb, too.

*She giggled for her first time on Jan 19th. C and I were both talking to her and out it came. We both looked at one another and were like "did she just giggle?!!!". I'm so happy that we were both around to hear it. She's still working on her sounds and so she doesn't laugh regularly, though it looks like she tries, but every once in awhile a little one escapes. I can't wait until it happens all the time - She's already got me hooked with the smiles, when she's full on laughing I'm pretty sure she'll be able to get herself out of being in trouble any time she likes.

*She "talks" constantly. Her coo's and ahh's and ooh's are hilarious and they make me laugh. She tells us stories all the time and then she smiles while we laugh at her.

*She has a slightly blocked tear duct but it doesn't seem to be bad. It makes her eye a little bit goopy but nothing a warm washcloth can't fix!

*She went on her first ferry ride and trip away from daddy - it was only a day trip, though. We went shopping in Naniamo with Auntie Renee and Cousin Jill. She was so well behaved but I was happy to get home too C!

I can't believe that 2 months have already passed. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was pacing the halls of the hospital in hopes of dilating further. I honestly don't remember what my life was like before her, or what I did with my time.

Happy 2 Months, H! Your Mumma loves you xo

4 comments:

Bumbaroo Baby Gear said...

Love the likes and dislikes. I always post old stuff as new, so you can post her 1 month update whenever!!

The Tompkins Family said...

Happy 2 months Hadley!! You sure are one cute girl!

You can totally post your 1 month details and backdate it...then if you ever go to print the blog as a baby book for H, it'll be there! :)

Unknown said...

love this blog... it melts my heart and if you can't believe 2 months then wait till she's almost two .. it goes by too terribly fast..

Staceyb8 said...

I love your blogs!!! With not having you guys around all the time now, its nice to read up on how the bebe girl is doin & what's the latest news :) Miss you!!