Friday, January 28, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}


  • I just ordered "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and "Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred" of Chapters Online. The sleep book has been recommended to me by so many people and I thought I would try it out. H sleeps fantastic if she's in our bed, but I really want her in her crib. She will go to sleep in her crib if I let her cry but she wakes up every 20 minutes crying. The 30 Day Shred is for me, clearly. Bikini season is fast approaching and though I've lost the weight, I need to tone. I'm hoping that because it's only 30 minutes I can actually get it done each day.. wish me luck.
  • My babygirl is 9 weeks old, today!
  • H had her shots yesterday... it was terrible. Gramma Shelly and Auntie Megan came with us for support. I had tears in my eyes, and she was screaming bloody murder. I didn't enjoy seeing her in pain like that. We kept her topped up with Tylenol all day and she slept a lot. She was fussy and whimpery when she was awake and was running a bit of a fever off and on all day. Today she seems to be back to her smiley self though :)
  • As I posted last week, my brother was missing, and he did end up coming home. Thanks for your concern. 
  • We begin house sitting at my in-laws tomorrow. They're going to Mexico so we will be there for 2 weeks looking after their saltwater fishtanks. I swear to god it's more of a responsibility than our own baby... hopefully we don't kill any [Right, Lance?]. 
  • After almost a year of not having a period I never realized how much I DIDN'T miss it - until it came back. FML
  • I was supposed to go to Vancouver this weekend with a besties - to see more besties - but we decided to wait a couple weeks instead. I'm super excited to go and can't wait until we actually pick a date. 
  • I'm blogging because H is sleeping. I should be cleaning, and packing... Oh well!
  • H hasn't scratched her face since we left the hospital. I keep her nails short and we haven't had a problem. Tuesday night she went to sleep and Wednesday morning she had like 5 different scratch marks on her face that actually bled.. wtf! Bad dream?? haha
  • It's cold and flu season and it seems to be going around everyone I know. I have my fingers crossed that it misses us. Both C and I got the flu shot because my doctor recommended it. Neither of us had ever gotten one before and were both pretty skeptical about it but it seemed like a good idea due to having a baby at this time a year. I'm really hoping it pays off. 
  • Yesterday I treated myself to 2 new hoodies. It was buy one, get one for $1. I probably didn't need them but it has been a long time since I bought something new for myself. I'm kind of going through shopping withdrawl. 
  • Get rid of your left overs here!

3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

TELL ME! Where were hoodies such an amazing deal?! That's awesome!

You will have such a love/hate relationship with Jillian. At least, I do!!

Anonymous said...

We got our flu shots when I was still pregnant, back in November....Caleb wanted me to (I've never gotten one before), and it was in the same building as our prenatal classes (and at the same time), so I was like fiiiiine. lol. Supposedly some of the immunity can get through to the baby too.

I want to get the book and DVD too! I will have to look for them tomorrow.

Danifred said...

I love the Healthy Sleep Habits book. I swear by it and recommend it to everyone who is having sleeping issues. I hope you find it as useful as I have.
So happy your brother came home. Great news!