Sunday, January 9, 2011

{Supermom?}

Sleeping so soundly after her 1st morning feed (at 830!)
H isn't on a schedule yet. She eats when she wants to eat, sleeps when she wants to sleep and fills the rest of the day with diaper changes, fussing, smiling, and being as cute as can be. 

I'm not really in a hurry to get her into something concrete. I mean, it would be nice if she did things I wanted her to do, when I wanted her to do them, but that's just setting myself up for disappointment. For now, we're doing things her way - and it's working!

For the past couple weeks she has been feeding at about 830-sleeping until 1230-feeding-sleeping until 630-feeding-sleeping until about 10 or 11. I thought this was good. Last night we had friends over and we were up a bit late. She was really good. She napped a bit and then hung out, wide awake, listening and watching. I got her fed and to sleep at 1130 and we woke up this morning at 815. Now, I'm not saying this is going to be an everyday thing, because that would be unrealistic, but I could definitely get used to it! A night like that can replenish a mommy for the entire week, to be honest. 

I think perhaps we're like Superheros.... all we need is a good sleep here and there and we're good to go for 3 bad nights - having said that, even Superheros don't want 3 bad nights so keep it up, Babygirl!


2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Way to go H!

Karen said...

"Mommy" truly is the best superhero of all, though. Be good to your mumma, Miss H.