Wednesday, January 19, 2011

{Tid Bits}

Today was beautiful! It was so crisp and fresh outside that we decided to take H for her first walk. I have been dying to try out her stroller but the weather hasn't really been cooperating so when C suggested we head out for a stroll, I was super excited.


I put her jjcole bundle me in the stroller, dressed H in her snowsuit, put gloves on her hands (actually, I put socks on her hands), a hat on her head and off we went! She looked awfully comfy in their and she must have been because she slept the entire time.

I've been meaning to get out and exercise. I've lost the baby weight, and then some, but I need to lose the jiggle tone and restore some muscle. It was nice to be out walking and it felt good to know that it was one step towards a new bikini - except that we walked to the store and stocked up on junk food... does it still count?

When we got home I put sleeping beauty in her crib. She proceeded to nap for another 2 hours (give or take)... I guess the fresh air really tuckered her out.


On a different note, we attempted tummy time again tonight. H usually hates it, and fusses or screams the entire time. We made a little progress this evening and tummy time lasted a good 6 minutes. No crying, no fussing, just this sad, sad look on her face. Poor babygirl.. forced to lay on her tummy. What a mean mommy she has!

And also, C and I have decided we're going to teach H baby sign language. I've heard a lot about it and I think it's pretty cool that your baby can learn to communicate with you before they can actually vocalize what they have to say.

I don't think we're going to go too crazy with it, just 10-20 words that we regularly use (mom, dad, milk, more, please, thank you, etc.) and see how it goes. I don't know much about it so if you have any tricks, or suggestions on the easiest way to teach a baby sign, feel free to comment. Help is welcome!

I'm pretty excited about it!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the tummy time picture....they love to look super disgruntled LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to sign language, too! I have learned that one area that preemies are ahead of their full-term counterparts is language. If you think about it, Nyana's got three months on H, listening to us talk, talk, talk all day long.

Stephanie said...

My brother did the sign language stuff with his little guy. They started EXTREMELY early with it (around 2 months old). Every time they would talk or use the words they were teaching him, they would sign. He caught on pretty quick!!!

The Tompkins Family said...

I already posted about it on FB but yes, do the sign language! It's awesome!!

The tummy time pic is priceless...she seems to be saying, "FINE...I give up, I'm on my tummy...BUT I DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE IT!!!"

Bumbaroo Baby Gear said...

what kind of stroller do you have?? I hated tummy time!!!!!!!!