Thursday, January 13, 2011

{Take 3}

All of H's naps take place in her crib now unless I don't want to do anything but lay in bed and have sleeping baby snuggles and she sleeps so good! I put her down when she's nearly asleep and she snuggles in for her snooze. She sleeps on her tummy - yes, I'm aware it's "frowned upon", but it's the only way she sleeps and so, such is life. We have an Angel Care monitor which has an alarm if she stops breathing and so I sleep well knowing I'll be woken if anything should go wrong [though I'm quite confident she will be just fine - I used to sleep on MY tummy and I survived!].

The night before last was her first night in her crib. She slept 5 hours straight, then woke for a feed and slept another 3 1/2 - success! Last night, however, was not so good. We were up 3 times between 11pm and 6am. I know that even that isn't bad because she is only 6 weeks old.. I was just getting really used to our 7-9 hour nights. I am glad she's out of OUR bed though, because now I can sleep without worrying that I'm going to smother - and alone time with C doesn't hurt, either].

Tonight is Take 3 and I have high hopes - wish us luck!

Sleeping Beauty <3 

4 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

She looks so cozy!! Fingers crossed for a better night...for both of us! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's my favourite... sneaking a photo and then sneaking out the door when she's totally KO'd. Beautiful, Danielle.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture :)

Anonymous said...

D I have Kaya on her tummy too! She prefers it and she sleeps for a longer period of time as well! You gotta do what you gotta do and what works for you and Baby!
I am happy she is sleeping better for you now!