Friday, January 14, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}



  • My babygirl is 7 weeks old today, 7 WEEKS! Where has the time gone? I guess when EVERYONE tells you to "enjoy them while they're young because before you know it they'll be off to college." - they actually mean it! 
  • My scale hit an all time low this morning - at least for the past 4 years... 7 weeks postpartum and 134lbs - that's 14lbs less than pre-prego weight (and 35lbs less than the day I went into labor). Thanks, Mom, for your genes! 
  • Formula poop makes me gag. Yuck!
  • Sleep "training" sucks. It's so hard to stick with it. H sleeps so well in our bed.. and so terribly in her crib. It becomes exhausting getting up 3-4 times a night when you know that if she was just beside you, you wouldn't even have to get up once... and sometimes exhaustion wins - last night from 3am on, she was cuddled snug in her ma'ma's arms. 
  • Friday Night Leftovers is an idea stolen from a blog I read regularly - which you can check out here. Stealing ideas is common in blogger land... as it appears, she stole the idea from a blog she reads regularly, which can be found here
  • I LOVE getting comments on my blog. It makes it seem more worth while. Lots of people tell me they love reading it but it's nice to see the evidence that people have been here.. [if that wasn't a hint, I don't know what is!]
  • I fed H a bottle this evening. No big deal, right? WRONG. I fed her a bottle of UNdiluted formula. You are supposed to mix it 50/50 with water but I fucked up and forgot that the one bottle had extra that hadn't been mixed yet. Everything I've read has told me that the worst case scenario is a tummy ache and constipation - all things we've been dealing with for the past 4 weeks already - but that doesn't mean I don't feel like a TERRIBLE MOTHER. I hope she keeps me up all night in pain, just as punishment. 
  • If I had infinite money, I would buy out playstation and destroy all PS3s.. and then I'd buy out any other video game company that sells "call of duty" and destroy them as well. Bedrooms are suppose to be romantic and tranquil, not sound like you're on the set of Saving Private Ryan. 
  • Last one for tonight: I really have no idea if I did this right. haha.. 

5 comments:

meagan said...

i certainly enjoy reading your blog! i picked up on the hint! :)

Anonymous said...

I also:

1) enjoy reading your blog
2) try to comment frequently enough to deserve the same courtesy on my blog, LOL
3) plan to steal the FNL, but probably not until Nyana's home. I like the vibe we have going now.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on Call of Duty!! LOL. But I'm sorry, I heart Playstation forever, haha.

I ALSO like comments! :P

- Olivia

The Tompkins Family said...

You totally did it right! I love FNL...I don't have to write complete sentences and can kind of just ramble away.

We don't have a TV in our bedroom for that very reason. Bed is for getting busy, sleeping or reading. THE END! Although we do bring laptops to bed sometimes...

Danifred said...

So far, I have successfully avoided the television in our bedroom and any gaming systems. We'll see how much longer I can make that last.