Sunday, January 23, 2011

{It's A Good Month To Be Born... Apparently}

The past few days have been pretty busy. Thursday night was not a good night in our house. Bedtime came and H had different plans. She was screaming for hours and fiiiiinally fell asleep at about 330am. The little sleep I got absolutely killed me because I'm so used to her sleeping through the night. We got up Friday morning to babysit the twins and then H went to gramma's for a visit while I had a nap, and a shower [THANK YOU, GRAMMA!]

Friday night we had a progressive dinner for my mom's birthday. We started off at one house for appies, went to the next for dinner, and the last house for dessert. The food, and company, was great and it was nice to do something a little different. H was excellent. So well behaved, no fussing, no crying.. just sleeping and visiting. I think we all had a good time - and I even had a few drinks [but not enough that I felt gross in the morning]!

Saturday we took Grampa Foster for lunch for his Birthday [I didn't get around to doing a Birthday post and I apologize, Grampa]. Lunch was really good. After lunch we did some running around.. got some formula and some bins for a new recycling station at the house.. we came home and C had a quick nap while I got ready, then got H ready. We then headed off to some friends' house for N's Birthday.
N's mom cooked us a fabulous spaghetti dinner and a super delicious dessert. We watched UFC and the Canucks game, and then we played "Apples to Apples". What a fun game, I would totally recommend it! H did pretty good the entire night but started to get fussy during our game so we packed up and headed home. All in all, it was a good weekend and today is a lazy day [for H and I anyways, C has to work].

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I love the idea of a progressive dinner!!! Sounds super fun!

Anonymous said...

I love Apples to Apples!! :)