Friday, March 4, 2011

{Friday Night Leftovers}



  • H is 14 weeks old! (I won't insert some cheesy, sappy line about how fast she's growing, this time!)
  • It's C's birthday, tomorrow. He'll be 26. I've been calling him "Grampa Daddy" all week just to bug him! haha poor Husby!
  • A friend of mine had her babygirl on March 1st. 9lbs 15oz born on her due date!! I went to visit them and baby A is just so tiny - even though she's big - in comparison to H. Seems like only yesterday she was tiny, too... You didn't think I'd be able to go this whole post without that cheesy, sappy "how fast she's growing" line, didja? 
  • H LOVES the bath. I know I've said that before but for real.. she swims, swims, swims! Check it out... she's SO CUTE!! 


  • I've sucked at blogging this week. Sometimes I just feel like I have nothing to say but a friend of mine suggested listing things as I think of them so that when I have a day I can't come up with something, I can refer to the list. 
  • I love comments... jus sayin'. 
  • Our bedtimes have slowly become 830! I love it. Long gone are the 1130 bedtimes that I came to loathe. Now that she's in bed early, we're in bed super early, too. We're not used to this bedtime yet so as soon as she's asleep it's like we feel rushed to go to bed as well. Then we look at the clock and we're like.. "oh right.. it's only 845". Ha.
  • I made "Cake Pops" for C's birthday... it was my first attempt at them but I think they turned out pretty awesome! I guess we'll find out tonight if people like them. Honestly, I don't even care if they're good because they look so damn pretty! Don't they?

  • I have fresh sheets on my bed right now. I love fresh sheets.
  • C and I have been together for 4 years, married for 2 this July, and neither one of us has ever successfully bought each other a present (christmas, birthday, valentines, etc.) without telling what we got, or giving it early. This year, I have had C's present for over a month. It's been unwrapped and hidden and I have not told him what it is. He has no idea. Tomorrow, I will be the first one to keep a present a surprise!!
  • We're going to Peachland for my sisters graduation in May. I am so excited I'm contemplating making a countdown. My mom and sister have not seen H since she was born, my stepdad has never met her (aside from Skype) and my brother hasn't seen her since last month.
  • MmmMmmMmm, there are more leftovers here!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cake pops look awesome! I wish someone would make me some. LOL.
PS - I love H's rainbow striped bikini. ADORABLE.

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan said...

The pops are such a great idea!!
Geeeez, I can't believe MY baby xoxo will be 26!! Time really does fly :)

WeeMama said...

How do you make cake pops - they look great!

The Tompkins Family said...

You definitely need to make a "how to make cake pops" post...add that to your list! :) They look awesome, I want to try!

Ooohhh...what did you get C??

The Tompkins Family said...

Also, I love fresh sheets too...so much that I was every Sunday no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, C! Good job on keeping the gift a surprise. If I were to try that in MY house, I guarantee Don would go out and buy the same thing a week before his birthday. He's awesome like that.

Mrs. Z said...

The cake pops are fabulous! I also think you may have motivated me to change the sheets on my bed - I love that feeling too!

The Captain's Wife said...

I put fresh sheets on my bed last night too! In the winter there is nothing like soft warm flannels and in teh summer nothing like cool crisp cotton....bring on summer!
I am going to go google cake pops! Never heard of them...

Danifred said...

Those cake pops are AWESOME! I would totally devour several of those right now :)
Love the swimming video- she's definitely a water girl!

CanadianMama said...

Cake pops - those look so cool! I've never seen anything like it! NEAT!!

Oh, and 26 seems so young to me (I like older men, M is 5.5 years older than me)! Hopefully he has a great birthday. How is the teething coming along?

Leslie Collins said...

The cake pops look amazing!!!

I love fresh sheets, too. :)